Which of the following was the biggest cause of native american deaths during the colonial period? a. warfare with europeans b. warfare with rival native american groups c. drought and starvation d. european diseases
Why did craft guilds form in the middle ages? to eliminate the growing number of merchant guilds in european towns to address
Yoyo2697October 23, 20217 Comments
3. I am the belief that God gave the United States the right to spread across the continent.bringing freedom and liberty to everyone
AuraziabagleyOctober 23, 20212 Comments
The harlem hellfighters1- musicians during the harlem renaissance 2- social activists that led into
EmileehoganOctober 23, 202110 Comments
:( which of the following is a true statement about early american cultures? a.) early american cultures
Alyxkellar06October 23, 20219 Comments
Nationalism is an intense loyalty to ones a. family b. race c. religon d. country
mobeteOctober 23, 20214 Comments
This Post Has 10 Comments
B. Europeans encroached upon their lands
The Native Americans became agitated when the Europeans kept taking more of their land and kept pushing them into different locations. This caused a lot of wars.
c droughts and starvation
To achieve his purpose, Jackson encouraged Congress to adopt the Removal Act of 1830. The Act established a process whereby the President could grant land west of the Mississippi River to Indian tribes that agreed to give up their homelands.
The answers are:
1. B) St. Augustine
2. B) provide health care and food for Native Americans on the land
3. B) Connecticut
4. D) the belief that the people could force the king to obey the laws
5. A) food, clothing, and shelter
6. C) the killing of hundreds of English by the Powhatan
7. B) Slavery became an integral part of American cultural life.
8. C) the killing of hundreds of English by the Powhatan
9. B) Slavery became an integral part of American cultural life.
10. D) European diseases
11. A) to stop the spread of Protestantism
12. A) It strengthened ties between the colonies and Great Britain.
13. D) John Locke
14. B) British victory in the French and Indian War
Most scholars agree that diseases introduced from the Eastern Hemisphere, including smallpox, measles, and influenza, were the overwhelming cause of population decline (Cook, 1998). The relationship between epidemic disease and American Indian population decline is relatively well documented in the nineteenth century.
to take land from the natives in order for the Americans to migrate over.
Jackson encouraged Congress to adopt the Removal Act of 1830. The Act established a process whereby the President could grant land west of the Mississippi River to Indian tribes that agreed to give up their homelands.
Andrew Johnson caused this act with his radical policy making
The U.S Military, land and Oil
The U.S Military needed land throughout America, so when the Native Americans occupied the land that they required to back then construct forts (which still hold up to this day for the most part), the military were forced to knock down their camps and livelihoods, this lead to retaliation and backlash from the natives of the area, leading to many lives lost. If the military didn't do it for land, they did it because the area had oil deposits that they needed to extract.
I wish I could help but this is to many questions to answer maybe next time do 1 question at a time